Spring is here in Toronto, and it’s time to shake the winter weight off and have employees spruce up their work-spaces. When it comes to spring cleaning, most people spend time tidying up and organizing their homes – but if you’re a business owner, getting employees involved in keeping the office looking its best can provide many benefits.
When your office space has less clutter and fewer distractions, you will see a boost in employees moods as well as an increase in productivity. Use this office spring cleaning checklist, and encourage your employees to clean up their work spaces today.
Office Spring Cleaning Checklist
- First, declutter your desk, to give yourself space to clean. Remove everything, wipe down your space and put everything back in an organized manner. Make sure that you keep the things you need close by – including pens, paper and sticky notes – and file away or store anything you don’t use often.
- Clean your computer. Computer cleanup includes organizing and filing your documents, cleaning off your desktop, and deleting old emails. Change the passwords for your business logins and secure files, too. Don’t forget to clean off your computer screen with a streak free cleaning solution and microfibre cloth.
- Clean kitchen and communal areas. These areas can really be a breeding ground for germs. Go through the fridge and throw out anything that is out of date or otherwise looking and smelling scary, then clean the fridge thoroughly with anti-bacterial cleaner or soap and water.
- Clear conference rooms. Throw out anything like loose papers, old cups, and unused equipment that has collected throughout time. Clean and dust all shelves and A/V equipment with microfibre clothes and technology-safe cleaners as needed.
- Clean the office floors with a vacuum cleaner or mop. It is a good idea to clean your carpets regularly to cut down on stains and bacteria. Occasionally, hire a professional carpet cleaner, who can ensure stains are removed without harming the fabric of the carpet. CleanThat can advise about cleaning all areas of your workplace, including your carpets.
If you would rather let your employees focus on their work during the busy spring months, contact CleanThat to help you with all of your cleaning needs. We will help take the strain off your employees, and ensure your office looks as good as new.